Why is the fall winterization process so important?
The winterizing process will help to assure that the coming winter and freezing temperatures do not damage your sprinkler system’s components and piping. This service needs to be performed by a trained lawn sprinkler technician using specialized equipment. Eclipse Irrigation specializes in the proper procedures to winterize any size underground lawn sprinkler or drip irrigation system. The equipment used is specifically regulated to deliver the precise amount of compressed air (based on manufacturer specifications) that will correctly remove the residual water in all of the systems’ main lines, lateral lines, manifold and solenoid valves. When properly performed the sprinkler heads, solenoid valves and piping will not be compromised by excess pressure or friction by an improperly regulated air compressor.
If not performed properly, damage can result to the system and is evident the following season when the system is started up again. That is why it is very important to avoid the seasonally advertised “SPECIAL” for this service. It will cost you more money to repair the damage done by a DIY guy, landscaper or handyman who is not fully licensed, insured, trained and equipped.
October 1st thru December 15th (temperature permitting) is the optimal time window to winterize your irrigation system. Eclipse Irrigations’s Service Department will have already scheduled your planned maintenance visit and will be contacting you to remind you of that day and time window.
When performed correctly your lawn sprinkler system will be ready to handle whatever mother nature throws at it over the winter season. As spring rolls around again and the temperature begins to increase you can rest assured that your sprinkler system will operate at its best.
1. An Eclipse technician will arrive at your home within the time window of your scheduled appointment. They will have the proper equipment and knowledge to perform the correct procedures to winterize your home’s irrigation system
2. Your lawn sprinkler’s main water service or well supply will be shut down or disconnected
4. A specially regulated air compressor will be attached to your system and the system will be charged with the proper amount of forced air
5. Eclipse’s technician will work through each individual zone completely forcing out all the residual water in the main lines and lateral lines. A mist or “whistling” will be emitting from the sprinkler heads. This is the sign that your lines have been properly winterized
6. Any booster pumps, well lines or filters will be drained and the electrical sources will be shut down or disconnected
7. Upon completion of this service, your irrigation water supply will be shut down for the season and the control timer will be placed in the “rest” mode